Changes in City Services
Changes in City Services
** Updated 3/30/20 at 12 PM **
- Fate City Council has declared a Public Health Emergency on Monday, March 16, 2020.
- Effective Tuesday, March 17 at 7 a.m., all City Facilities are closed to the public until April 20 including Fate City Hall, DPS Administration Building, Community Center, Park Pavilion, and organized activities in the Park. Parks will remain available for passive recreation. City Staff is working and available by email or phone, please visit www.CityofFate.com/Directory for email and phone extensions.
- Credit card fees of 2.25% will be waived on utility bills up to a maximum of a $15K impact on the City budget. This is in effect until April 20.
- Delinquent Water and Sewer accounts will not be will disconnected until April 20.
- Waste Connections – In order to protect the frontline staff, no trash will be picked up unless it is in the can. We remind residents to please bag trash so that while dumping the cans loose trash does not spill out. Bulk and Compost pickup has been suspended.
- Water Utilities - We have been assured by the North Texas Municipal Water District (NTMWD) that our drinking water is safe. Based on current evidence from the World Health Organization (WHO), the Coronaviruses (and other viruses) do not persist in chlorinated waters, such as those used in the water treatment process and the transmission of drinking water. More information can be found here.
- Water Utilities and Municipal Court payments may be made online here, at the dropbox, by mail or by phone.
- Builders and contractors may log in to make a payment for permits here.
- Rental registration inspections have been suspended until further notice. However, Rental Registration is still required and available here.
- Animal registration and payments may be made online here.
- Due to concerns regarding the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, all City of Fate facilities are currently closed as of March 17, 2020. The City anticipates remaining closed until at least April 20, 2020. Section 552.233 of the Government Code recognizes cities in disaster situations are primarily concerned with public safety actions. Because City offices are closed to the public and staff is working on a skeleton crew basis, the City is unable to respond to public information requests during this time. Any public information requests currently pending or submitted during this time will be responded to once the City reopens. We appreciate your understanding and patience during this uncertain time. If you have an urgent need for records from the Department of Public Safety, please call 972-772-7994 Ext. 122.
- Fate Municipal Court inside the City Hall will be CLOSED to the public. In an effort to keep our community safe, the Court will reset all scheduled hearings for the month of April to a later date. Notification will be sent out via mail and email to all of those who are affected.