Changes in City Services
Changes in City Services
** Updated 6/2/20 at 12:32 PM **
- Effective immediately upon execution of this Order, the City Council directs the citizens and employees of Fate comply as follows:
- Some City of Fate facilities will remain closed including DPS Administration Building, Community Center, Park Pavilion, and organized activities in the Park until determined safe using social distancing per the City Manager using the Rockwall County business recovery plan as a guidance document.
- Every person within the City of Fate shall minimize social gatherings and minimize in person contact with people who are not in the same household.
- Disconnects and late fees for delinquent Water and Sewer accounts will be phased in per the schedule (click here) Note: The City of Fate is not a regulated water utility by the Texas PUC (Public Utility Commission).
- ENFORCEMENT. Pursuant to Executive Order GA-14, local officials are authorized to enforce the Governor’s Executive Order as well as local restrictions that are consistent with Executive Order GA-14. Fate DPS is hereby authorized to enforce this Order as well as Executive Order GA-14.
- PENALTIES. In accordance with Chapter 418 of the Texas Local Government Code and Executive Order GA-14, failure to comply with any provision of this Order, including any provision of Executive Order GA-14 incorporated herein, shall be punishable by a fine not to exceed $1,000.
- For clarity, in instances where local Orders are in conflict with the Governor’s Orders, the Governor’s Orders will apply.
- Water Utilities - We have been assured by the North Texas Municipal Water District (NTMWD) that our drinking water is safe. Based on current evidence from the World Health Organization (WHO), the Coronaviruses (and other viruses) do not persist in chlorinated waters, such as those used in the water treatment process and the transmission of drinking water. More information can be found here.
- Water Utilities and Municipal Court payments may be made online here, at the dropbox, by mail, or by phone.
- Builders and contractors may log in to make a payment for permits here.
- Rental registration inspections have been suspended until further notice. However, Rental Registration is still required and available here.
- Animal registration and payments may be made online here.
- Fate Municipal Court - In an effort to keep our community safe, the Court has reset all scheduled hearings to later dates, with our first upcoming dockets set for June 15th, 2020. Notifications were sent out via mail and email to all of those who are affected.