Great American Cleanup
On Saturday, April 17, from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. the City of Fate is partnering with Keep America Beautiful’s Great American Cleanup. This is the nation’s largest community improvement program, taking place annually each spring. A community that cleans up together is a stronger community!
Volunteers are being asked to sign up to assist in cleaning predetermined locations across Fate.
- Volunteers will meet in Robert Smith Family Park, 1220 CD Boren Parkway at 9 AM and then be sent out to a designated location. Gloves and bags are provided.
- At 11 AM, volunteers will return to the park where ten $50 gift certificates to local businesses will be given to (10) lucky participants.
- Sign up today by filling out a Volunteer Application here.
For those who are unable to join us in the park, or who would like to cleanup your own location or neighborhood, grab a picture and tag @CityofFate on Facebook, don’t forget to add the hashtag #FateCleanup for a chance to win a gift card to a local Fate Business.
Bulk Trash Drop-off
This year, the bulk trash drop-off is on a different day than the clean-up. The Bulk Trash Drop-ff will be on Saturday, April 24 from 9 AM until 2 PM.
A valid driver’s license and a current utility bill are required as proof of residency.
Location: The drop-off site is located at the old treatment facility located just off Barnes Ave.
Acceptable Items for Drop-off:
- General Household Bulky Items
NOT Acceptable Items for Drop-off:
- Household Hazardous Waste
- Prescription and Over the Counter Pharmaceuticals
- Aerosol sprays
- Automotive fluids and oil filters
- Batteries of all kinds
- Chemical products for home use
- Cleaners and polishes
- Computers, cell phones, and electronics
- Fluorescent light tubes
- Lawn and garden chemicals
- Paint and home repair products
- Pool chemicals
- Business or commercial waste
- Construction debris
- Explosives or ammunition
- Medical waste
- Shock sensitive materials
- Smoke detectors or other radioactive materials