Fate Power Switch
During these unprecedented times, many of us are facing economic challenges and are looking for ways to save money and lower our monthly expenses. The Texas Power Switch is a program that makes it easy to lower your electricity bills, especially as we enter the hot summer months.
With the approval of the City Council, the City of Fate is officially working with the Texas Power Switch to help residents save money on their electric bills.
What is the Texas Power Switch?
The Texas Power Switch is a group energy switching program run by iChoosr, LLC, and is licensed by the Public Utility Commission of Texas (certificate number 80419). It gives residents the opportunity to join together and get a lower rate on electricity by asking energy providers to bid on the group’s business.
There is no cost to the residents or the City for this service, nor does the City receive any compensation. This is a service exclusively designed to help residents save money.
Save hundreds on your electric bills per year
Texans who switched to the 24-month plan in the last program are expected to save an average of $496 per year on their energy bills. The more people that participate, the greater the chances are of obtaining a competitive rate. Please keep in mind, there’s no fee to participate or obligation to switch.
Here’s how it works:
- Have an electricity bill handy and visit www.texaspowerswitch.com/fate.
- Register for free before September 15th, 2020. It only takes a few minutes.
- The Texas Power Switch will organize an auction among electricity providers and the lowest rate wins. Participants will receive a personalized offer email by October 2nd, 2020, and then decide whether to accept the offer or not.
- Join the Texas Power Switch Facebook page (facebook.com/TexasPowerSwitch) to follow updates about upcoming virtual info sessions.
- Please remember that re-registration is required for each program.
The power switch period moves through four phases:
Sign Up: Anyone living in a deregulated (ONCOR power grid) area can register for the Fate Power Switch.
Rate Announcement: Providers will bid against each other in a reverse energy auction. The provider who offers the cheapest rate gets to offer you a new electricity contract.
Personal Offer: After the auction, residents will receive a personal offer which will outline the potential savings.
Accept/Decline: After residents receive their personal offer, they will have the option to accept or decline it. For those who accept, the Power Switch team will take care of the entire switching process.
Remember: If you’ve already participated in a previous program, keep in mind that you have to re-register every year.
If you need help or have questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 888-376-2077
- Monday through Saturday from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.
For more information, check out the video below.