Follow Us:   youtubefp-tw1FB logo colorNixlebadge2
Emergency Water / Sewer On-Call Number (972) 824-4403
Animal Control Emergency after hours (972) 533-0820


FAQ Fate Fire

Q: Does the City of Fate have a Fire Department?

A:  Yes.

Q: Is the Fate Fire Department an All-Volunteer Department?

A: No. Fate Fire Rescue is a combination fire department. We have several paid staff members working various shifts. Volunteers supplement these paid staff members..


Q: Does the city allow outdoor burning?

A:No, it is unlawful to burn outdoors. Burning trash and wood outdoors is punishable by up to a $500 fine.


Q: Will the Fire Department refill my fire extinguisher?

A: No. The fire department does not offer this service.  You will need to contact a local fire extinguisher company in order to have your extinguisher serviced.


Q: What type of fire extinguisher is best for my home?

A: Typical residential homes need a 5-10 lbs ABC fire extinguisher.


Q: Do you have fire station tours or fire department visits to my school, church, etc.?

A:  Yes. We are happy to schedule tours of our fire station for your school or civic group. Our Fire Prevention office will also visit your location to present fire and life safety education programs. For more information or to schedule a visit, contact the Fate Fire Marshal at 972-772-7994.


Q: My smoke detector is "chirping". What should I do?

A: Generally, a chirping sound means that the battery in your detector needs to be changed. If you would like assistance with a smoke or carbon monoxide detector, please give us a call at 972-772-7994 during business hours. We'll be glad to help if we can.


Q: Do you charge for Fire Department services?

A:  Citizens of the City of Fate are not billed for our services. The taxes collected by the City fund the fire department services delivered. However, on occasion, we do bill non-citizens for responses to motor vehicle accidents on state road and highways.


Q: Why do so many fire trucks go on a call?

A:  The number of trucks responding is based on the type of call received. The most common type of call is those involving buildings. The standard response for any structure (building) fire is three engines and a Chief Officer. Structural calls include alarms, fires, odors of gas or smoke, and lightning strikes. Other calls, such as grass/brush/woods fires may require a brush truck, water tanker, and fire engines.


Q: How can I become a firefighter?

A:  We are always looking for volunteers.  Visit and click on the recruitment and application button for more information.